Top Ten Tuesday: One and Done

This Tuesday the Broke and the Bookish ask up for books we can read in one  sitting (or close to). I love this topic because my students commonly wait until the last minute to finish up their Outside Reading, so I'm frequently throwing titles like this their way, come December and May. 

1. Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

2. We Should All be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie

3. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

4. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid (I read this over a few days, but if I was on vacation or child-free I could have knocked it out very quickly) 

5. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding (the format makes it read so quickly)

6. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald (it just reads fast!)

7. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn

8. A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood

9. The Awakening by Kate Chopin 

10. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel  (graphic novel)

12 comments:

  1. I've just this minute finished Fun Home. It's certainly an interesting read. Great list"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I loved Bridget Jones' Diary !Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone should read Metamorphosis. And Gatsby. Thank you for the other titles, too.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/100-one-night-reads.html

    ReplyDelete

  4. You are the second person today who has recommended We Should All be Feminists for Top Ten Tuesday. I'm even more interested in checking that book out now.

    I was surprised by how much I liked Bridget Jones' Diary. It was something I picked up on a whim, but once I finished the first chapter I had to know how it ended.

    Here is my <a href="http://www.longandshortreviews.com/miscellaneous-musings/read-in-one-sitting/>TTT</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graphic novels are what I read when I need something short. I have read a few of the books on this list over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Should All Be Feminists is on my ever growing reading wishlist!

    Here's a link to my TTT post: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-ten-tuesday-list-of-books-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, definitely Chronicle of a Death Foretold and The Great Gatsby can be read in a day. Haha, I haven't read Bridget Jones' Diary in years but that's another book that can be easily read in one sitting (such fun!) xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Bridget Jones on my list too. http://wp.me/p4cJzL-3iX
    And I forgot about Chronicles Of A Death Foretold. That was such a uniquely written book and I've never chatted with anyone about it. Gabriel Garcia Marquez was one of my fav writers. I need to read more of his works - so far I've only read that one, Love in the time of cholera and 100 Years of solitude. have you read others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the Melancholy Whores one and was not impressed... but it was a later work.

      Delete
  9. This is a record breaking day. I have never seen ELLA MINNOW PEA on a list before. I love the book. It is so clever.
    My TTT, a day late

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love Bridget Jones. And so easy to get through it quickly :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS