Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Hey guys! Link up, link back.

1. I am being all sorts of responsible this week. I'm finalizing the contract to have the exterior of our home painted, contacting the HOA for approval, switching HVAC maintenance companies, and finding some summer activities through parks and rec for Sawyer for the summer (I'm thinking a daily two-week swim class and then a once-a-week one-hour gymnastics course). I also finally followed up on some student loan forgiveness paperwork, too. I've found a treadmill repair service too that seems reputable, since the incline feature on mine is a little wonky. It feels good to knock boring things off the to-do list. 

2. I think I am going to participate in Sally's Baking Addiction's monthly challenge. Each month she posts in-depth tutorials on a skill or recipe that's a little tougher than normal, and for May it's a Strawberries 'n' Cream Cake Roll, which looks delicious. I have never done a cake roll but have memories of my mom doing pumpkin ones like a pro during the holidays when we were younger. I think I'll need to go buy a new pan and a sifter for the powder sugar, but if it's the price we have to pay for something delicious I'll take one for the team.

3. I cannot get enough of Lourde's "Green Light." It's officially on my running playlist for later tonight after Sawyer goes to bed.

4. It's 90 today. By Sunday it's supposed to be in the 60s and raining. I'm so confused.

5. This week has started off our four week straight period of IB and AP testing for mostly juniors and seniors. I have to proctor AP Gov test and an IB math exam tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to it. I remember sitting for all of my big tests and it makes me a bit nostalgic. I also like seeing the behind-the-scene logistics of testing administration as well. I think I have two more to do next week and the UC Writing test a week from Saturday. 

6. I have never officially made it a "thing" but at the end of every school year I buy several new books to kick off summer. Apparently it's official as of today, because there's a list and a budget now. 

7. When I grow up I want to not care if people I don't really like or am really mad at are in turned pissed at me. Does that make sense? Maybe not. But it's a thing in my head and it's ridiculous. I'm thirty-three. Shouldn't I be over all that nonsense?

8. We just finished season one of The Good Place and it was the perfect light-hearted thirty-minute show for the occasional weeknight. We've also watched the first episode of The Handmaid's Tale and I loved it! Unfortunately since I get through about two whole hours of TV a week it might take us awhile to get through the show...


4 comments:

  1. I have added The Handmaid's Tale to my Hulu queue...and hope to watch it this weekend. Last weekend was all about Girlboss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize until today that you are also a high school educator. Our students are hard into their AP tests, too. Thanks for hosting this. I've had lots of bookish thoughts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 'adulting' win this week was ironing. I'm now officially caught up with it all (for now at least) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up is so overrated! I hit 50 last year and people are still waiting for me to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS