Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[see #10; too bad the 91 freeway is on the other side]


Link up below!

1. Have you read this article about pediatricians recommending reading time to parents from now on? I think it's a bit of a given, but I love that it's official. I try to read to Sawyer everyday, although I am getting a bit tired of our small collection of children's books. One can only read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom so many times...

2. I just completed the fifth run in the C25K (Couch to 5k) program and am loving it so far. The workouts go by super fast and I can already feel myself improving. 

3. Whenever I see my friends slacking on their Fit Bit steps I'm immediately concerned that they're sick or that they've lost their precious little piece of technological accountability. By the way, I think everyone I should know should have one so that we can compete and I can work hard to be the best. 

4. I finished The Book Thief- good, but maybe not life-changing great. The last two hundred pages did pick up a bit, though.

5. While talking to my husband about what sort of things I do and do not like about history we came to the conclusion that, in his words, I "like criminals." See also: Che Guevera, the mafia, communism, Castro, Watergate, Black Panthers, Prohibition, and Mussolini. I prefer the term "revolutionaries." Si se puede. Fight the power. Down with The Man.

6. I'm currently reading How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Amid and am loving it so far.

7. I'm sorry, but I don't care about the Mockingjay trailer. I love Jennifer Lawrence but still could care less.

8. My mom and sister are coming into town this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. My mom is so great with the baby and I think we're all heading to the beach on Monday. Sawyer is trying to decide between stand-up paddle boarding and surfing.

9. I'm off to get frozen yogurt with two of my favorite students, so that's it for now. Apparently I'm best friends with an eighteen year old now. Totally normal.

10. We went to a big park twenty minutes away last Friday and the baby fell asleep. I, on the other hand, loved it. We will be doing this once a week for the rest of the summer! 

 

3 comments:

  1. Love that article - thanks for sharing it!

    I could care less about the entire HG trilogy or movies. Just not for me. And I always feel like I'm in the minority. Although, I do really like J Lawrence a lot.

    Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the beach & the park! Too many summers I have not taken advantage of all summer has to offer due to my work schedule, transportation issues, and living in an apartment without even a yard to sit out in, but I'm determined to not let that happen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that The Book Thief was interesting (the narration was unique to anything I've read), but I was disappointed that more didn't happen. At the end, it just sort of ended like I thought it would, no twist, no surprise.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS