Summer Goals/I'm An Old Lady

[this is basically me now]

I'm the type of person that needs goals- I need a plan, a direction, a purpose in order to feel fulfilled. This summer is different than any other with the baby and I don't want to look back on it and feel like I accomplished nothing. I know that infant-wrangling is an accomplishment in and of itself, but there's more to me than just that. Yes, I know, mother-of-the-year! So, this summer I'd like to do a few things:

1. Read ten books. This really won't be that hard if I start better utilizing the time I spend feeding Sawyer.

2. Be able to do run/walk intervals for four miles.

3. Walk (or swim) the dogs four days a week. This used to be six or seven, but I'm being realistic. I need my husband to go with us or watch the baby, which doesn't always work with what he has planned. I'm thinking I could take one dog at a time using the stroller or Ergo, so I need to start trying those options out (two thirty-minute dog walks a day would mean an extra hour of walking for me!).

4. Lose five of the ten pounds of baby weight I have left. This is purely a vanity-driven desire, but I'm being honest. I need my work clothes to fit when I return in August.

5. Get out and do something either social or different than the norm every week, whether it's meeting a friend for lunch or taking the baby to the park or beach to walk. I have to have things to look forward to.

6. Finish some sort of sewing project.

7. Put in the equivalent to thirty minutes a day on the writing project I was working on before and stopped because... life.

8. Blog an average of three times a week.

9. Work with Sawyer to get on some sort of schedule that will coincide with what the daycare provider will want him to be on.

10. Catch up on my Mixbook for this year.

Holy shit I sound so fucking old. And boring. Remember when I used to go skydiving and book readings and find new resaurants? 

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely crazy how life (and a child) turns us into old ladies. I will be lucky to meet my reading goal for the summer, and most of my other goals revolve around activities with my daughter. I 'hope' to at least plan one movie date with my best friend at some point! You've set some good, realistic ones, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have a kid and my goals tend to be pretty old lady-ish too... Skydiving was never on my list, though it does sound incredibly fun if I wasn't such a chicken! I think it's good to have non-baby goals though -- I imagine it's a huge adjustment to start a family, but it seems far too easy to lose yourself in it. If mama is happy, I'm sure that is better for baby than having every single second be devoted to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals! :) You can do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goals are usually pretty old lady as well. Sometimes in the summer time (I'm also a teacher), I feel like it was a good week if I wore non-elastic waist pants at least once. Good luck with your goals and plans!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS