Top Ten Tuesday- Trippin'


This week The Broke and the Bookish ask us to share out top ten books regarding travel, an especially timely topic considering summer is officially underway now that it is June. 

Unchangeable Spots of Leopards by Kristopher Jasma
Where: Manhattan, Sri Lanka, Dubai, Iceland
How: Plane, train 

Naked Lunch by William Burroughs
Where: Mexico, Tangier, Interzone
How: Drugs, mostly

The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison
Where: Yellowstone
How: Handicapped accessible van

The Lost Girls by Jennifer Bagget
Where: Peru, Kenya, Vietnam, Australia
How: Plane

Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
Where: Mexico, Badlands
How: Feet

The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Where: Up and down the Mississippi River
How: A raft

Into Thin Air
Where: Mount Everest
How: Plan, helicopter, feet

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert*
Where: Italy, India, Bali
How: Plane, hyper-sensitive self-awareness

Transatlantic by Colum McCann
Where: Ireland, New York, Missouri, Newfoundland
How: Plane, boat 

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
Where: the Pacific
How: boat (just Adam Ewing's story)

*I listened to this on Audiobook and didn't really like her; I did, though, love the setting

Anyone going some place awesome this summer? I'm off to Florida and the Caribbean in a few weeks and then plan on parking it by the pool for the rest of summer break.

10 comments:

  1. Love the way you set up your TTT this week! I can't remember if I mentioned it here but I would love to read Unchangeable Spots of Leopards at one point, it sounds interesting. And they visited Iceland! Would love to go to Iceland someday (my parents already visited the island--lucky xP)

    Oooh, your vacation sounds fantastic! Hope it's a very relaxing and fun one :) I'm not going anywhere awesome this summer save for my classes, lol

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to politely say that I loathed Eat, Pray, Love, but then I say you addendum at the end and was relieved. The travel in the book was good, everything else - meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting TTT! All I can think about is travel! And I agree with you on Eat Pray Love. I had to read that book for my sophomore English class for a writing assignment and I just remember it hard to get into, but the setting was wonderful.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    Sarah @ Bubbly and Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these except some of Huckleberry Finn when I was a youngster. Creative picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you didn't enjoy Eat Pray Love. That sounds bad, but I felt like the only person. Great settings, just not fun reading...
    Anyway, The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving sounds AMAZING. Need to read that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost put Huck Finn on my list! I actually really enjoyed that book, although I haven't read it since high school.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of Cloud Atlas right as I was finishing up my list. I felt like I got to travel to lots of cool places reading that book. I'm about halfway through Naked Lunch right now, which is crazy, but I saw an Anthony Bourdain on Tangier, which made me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I could KICK myself. I totally forgot The Adventures of Huck Finn. I feel so ashamed. I love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember how The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn used to be my FAVOURITE read when I was younger, haven't had the time to pick it up and enjoy all that exciting adventures after school kicked it so... Really happy to see it in your list! :) And I'm seeing rave reviews for The Lost Girls all over the blogosphere, need to read that one!!

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I haven't read any of these, though I've got Cloud Atlas sitting on my shelf. :-) Some great recommendations there, will have to give some of them a try!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS