Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

1. I love all of the reading-related activities that parents are doing with their kids over break that are popping up in my various feeds the past week. Mom's creating book clubs with fellow moms and daughters, planned trips to the library for babies, and sweet pictures of kids reading books on Instagram.

2. Now that I've sort of taken up cycling (using the term very loosely, here) I'm hyper-aware of bike lanes now for future reference. 

3. I watch very little TV, but I have to say that I'm in love with the AT&T commercials with the little kids. "Puppy brother" cracks me up every time.


4. How much to we adore Hilary's new Twitter profile?



5. My husband and I bought a 1948 Smith-Corona for the new table in our great room and I couldn't be more pleased with the look (a globe is on its way to sit next to it). I'm seeing a few more on that table in the distant future.

 
6. Lorelai Gilmore Lauren Graham wrote a book. For the love of God, why? It looks pretty bad, both in synopsis and the page or two I glanced at. I refuse to read it and tarnish my positive memories of one of the best shows in the entire history of television.

7. Another TV commercial reference (so, after our 25 mile bike ride Saturday my brother and I proceeded to eat pancakes and then sit on the couch for three hours watching the Food Network), this time for Cliffside Malibu. Technically, it's a rehab center, but doesn't it look fun? 

[source]


8. I got the Feedly app for my phone, even though I never had the soon-to-be defunct Google Reader. Holy convenient!

9. I seriously don't understand people who don't wear sunscreen. I'm already on my second bottle of SPF-30 this summer and am pissed at myself for not stocking up on it when Costco had it on sale last month. Do you want cancer, people? Wrinkles? Come on!

10. My future daughter next dog will be named Calliope, just in case anyone was wondering.

[source]

4 comments:

  1. That rehab place does look pretty awesome. I think I want to go there for my next mental breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the AT&T commercials. When the girl says "puppy brother" and the blonde girl's eyes get so huge, it just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the people who live near you are smarter than the people who live near me if you do indeed name a future dog Calliope. (Great name!) I was just at the vet's office today, and she looked at me like I was crazy when I told her my dog was named Geronimo. People have even asked me if it is spelled with a J. It's not like I made this name up - he was a real person! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A J? Oh man. Not that I live in an area full of intelligent people, but I was pleasantly surprised when our vet raised her eyes when she heard Chomsky's name and asked, "Like after Noam?" Yes! Made my day.

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS