I Almost Forgot- I'm Pregnant

[And by "bring on" I mean "keep it to yourself']

I guess I should probably take it one step past "Facebook official" and let all you blog readers know that I am, in fact, pregnant. With a baby (my husband was/is hoping for a Muppet, which could happen still, I guess).

I thought you might have some questions.

Do you know who the father is?
We're 99.99% sure it's my husband. I have been watching a lot of Fringe lately, though, so I'm not ruling out something creepy and extra-terrestrial (one of my good friends is calling it the "alien baby," after all).

Are you excited?
I am excited, but in my own way. I've known for nine or ten weeks so the sort of surprise has moved to "okay, this is my life now," while everyone else is just finding out and is all "ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod!" Plus, I'm sometimes a bit of an emotional rebel, so since everyone is expecting me to be gushing I'm doing the opposite. Sorry. It's who I am. Plus I hate attention.

When are you due?
Cinco de Mayo. I'm hoping we're a day or two late, but who knows what I'll be saying at that point.

Are you throwing up a lot?
Just when I drink too many margaritas! Just kidding. Not at all. I've been lucky in the sense that I've had no morning sickness whatsoever. Instead I've been cursed with indigestion from about 9 am to bedtime, but considering my job it's better than throwing up in front of teenagers. Oh, and I'm tired all the time, but I find that if I resist sitting down and succumbing to laziness I do all right. 

Are you fat yet?
Nope. I've heard if you eat broccoli and bananas while spinning in circles repeating "I will not get fat, I will not get fat" seventeen times every morning you won't start showing until the third trimester. I'm not a thin person by any means, but I've worked hard to stay fit and healthy so I'm still trying to adjust to the impending weight gain. 

Are you finding out the sex?
Abso-fucking-lutely. The ultrasound tech made a prediction but it's way too early, so we're calling it an "it" until we find out for sure (I don't do nicknames, so nothing cute like "bean," "nugget," or "button" happening here. It's a fetus. Barely).

Will the blog change?
Not really. It won't become a baby blog by any means, but I will occasionally post about some of the baby books I read (I'm not planning on reading many, but I'll explain why later), children's books I buy, and anything else I feel like adding. My Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts will probably be about it this week, but other than that it won't be in your face constantly. I know how annoying it is to see blogs you read become mommy blogs when you're nowhere near that stage in your life. And I also know how grating it is when you're trying (and trying) to get pregnant and see the constant reminders that you're not yet on blogs. So I'm trying to be sensitive to everyone, I guess. I will do my best! 

17 comments:

  1. Congrats Christine! You are a braver soul than I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your husband! I hope your indigestion ends up going away soon, that is not a fun feeling to have generally let alone every day :/

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, and also kudos on making the effort to not turn into a mommy blogger - I'm always happy for my blogging friends who are pregnant and excited, but as someone who doesn't want kids it can get to be a TAD much sometimes.

    Also, it amuses me that the more excited people are the more stoic you are. I react that way to things once in a while, cause overly excited people can be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is freaking awesome. Congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and your husband, that's awesome news! :) Sorry to hear about the indigestion though, hope that goes away soon enough. But yay for baby/children's books xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! If your husband doesn't get the Muppet he wants, maybe you can just name the baby Gonzo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I definitely called my baby an it until we knew the sex.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and good luck with the indigestion- chugged mylanta the entire last trimester with my daughter-and she still brings it out in me 13 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, you're response to who the father is is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 've always considered myself sort of the anti-mommy. I'm fully aware of all the shit kids pull (and it's a lot), so I take it with a grain of salt and a healthy dose of irreverence. Somehow I'm expecting you to take a similar approach (based on the above). You are a mom I'd hang out with that and that is said with the utmost respect. Sometimes the only thing more annoying than obnoxious children are their equally obnoxious parents.

    And I had awful heartburn with both kids. The first thing I ate post birth was a frigging tomato. It was delicious. And I referred to both my kids as "the parasite", as in the parasite is kicking a lot today. So, on that note....

    Congratulations! Parenting really is amazing. Especially when you're five year old tosses sarcasm back at you (you probably can't tell, but I'm being serious here, it was good moment).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Yay! Yay!

    I'm not going to offer any advice. On anything. You'll get enough from complete strangers (see, I don't count myself as a *complete* stranger) who consider you public property once you start to show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You already told me, but congratulations again! May you find yourself with a healthy, happy, studious baby come May!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! You’re funny, Christine! Thank you for answering our silent questions. And congratulations! Don’t worry about getting ‘fat’, the weight gain is for the benefit of your baby. You could still stay fit even by avoiding unnecessary weight gain. Ask your Obgyn about those workout routine specifically tailored for the pregnant. Elli @ CentennialObgynPA.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS