Top Ten Tuesday- Halloween

I'm definitely not a Halloween person- in fact I find it a smidge annoying.

[genius! source]

I'm sure next year when I have a tiny human to dress up it might be more fun, but for now I'll just maintain the Halloween equivalent to a "bah humbug" attitude. I did sew my dogs superhero capes, though, so there is a bright spot. Oh, and my pumpkin is pretty cool (we'll see if it rots before Thursday, though). 

Anyway, the Broke and the Bookish are hosting a Halloween top ten this week, and while I don't really read much in terms of scary stories (I don't really get scared by books), I thought I'd weigh in:

1. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson- There's nothing scarier than split personalities.

2. Carrie by Stephen King- Don't kill my Rory, but this is one of the very few (maybe only-?) King books I've ever read. 

3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley- Did you know it's not just about a crazy green monster? Sheesh.

4. The Telltale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe- Typical, but one of the few I remember off the top of my head.

5. Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka- He turns into a giant bug (or does he?), for Christ's sake!

6. Fear Street by RL Stine- Just kiddingl

7. Macbeth by William Shakespeare- There's three witches, therefore it must work with the Halloween theme. Plus people dress up as trees. Well, sort of.

8. Stacey and the Halloween Masquerade by Ann M. Martin- I was always down for a seasonal BSC book back in the third grade.

9. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens- There's nothing scarier than facing your past, present, and future in one night. 

10. Turn of the Screw by Henry James- Creepy ghosts and kids.

Meme lovers! Check back early Thursday and join in my Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

11 comments:

  1. 1. the first picture is so effing funny, that I can't even :)
    2. I love Frankenstein, I had to take a class called Ghosts and the Gothic and I didn't appreciate Mary Shelley until then :)

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Carrie, and who isn't down for some seasonal BBC. If they say they aren't clearly they're lying.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tell Tale Heart is fantastic but most of Poe's works are. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankenstein was a very interesting read (from what I can recall, lol) and The Tell-Tale Heart was indeed pretty creepy xD And yay for Shakespeare! :)

    lol, that image you used for this week's list cracks me up xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture (: you're too funny Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never read any of those books but thank you for posting this without any creepy book covers!

    Here's Our List

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that picture made me laugh so bad! And I can't wait to watch and read Carrie, I love SK.

    New bloglovin follower

    My Top Ten List!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Thanks for sharing.

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-to-read-for-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Tell Tale Heart- The Raven is creepy too!
    My TTT-http://turnthepagereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait! "...next year when I have a tiny human to dress up..." I didn't know this! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't kill you...

    But you ARE killing me. And baby humans in costumes. It ridiculous and wonderful. My 2 year old is Max from Where the Wild Things Are this year. He doesn't care, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS