Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts




I started my school year yesterday (we have three teacher work days before the kids start Friday). We haven't had a normal school day since March of 2019, so it all feels so different, but also the same. I have the same students from last year, so I kind of get a redo, which I am so excited about. I haven't met over half of them in person yet, so I truly can't wait. I hope everyone stays healthy- thankfully my district and my son's require masks! I am absolutely exhausted, though, since I am up at 5 to walk the dog and then get myself and Sawyer ready. It will get easier...? Sawyer has to spend five whole days at the place where he will be doing before/after school care, since he doesn't start until Tuesday. He too is so tired, since he hasn't had a full day away from home since before COVID. Lots of adjustments happening!

I get to teach EIGHT books this year, which sounds like a ton, but many are on the shorter side, like The Awakening, Chronicle of a Death Foretold, and Antigone. Two are new to the curriculum, Persepolis and The Namesake. I am big fans of both and can't wait to shake things up a bit. I'm a big fan of most of the books we read, but it will be nice to have a change. 

I am yet again reading three books, Emma Donoghue's The Pull of the Stars, being the one I most gravitate to. The fact that it's set during a pandemic is a lit bit unnerving, though. We have enough of that to contend with in real life.

My husband bought the board game Villainous and we tried it out the other night- it's definitely a lot harder than Chutes and Ladders or Trouble with Sawyer! I think the problem was was that I watched a video first and it confused the heck out of me. I'm more of a "read the directions" kind of girl, so once I did that and we started playing it was pretty fun! Lots of little things to do and get used to, but if you're a Disney fan (I really am not) and like board games I definitely recommend it.

If you listed to The Armchair Expert, I just have to say how happy I am for Monica getting to interview Matt Damon. I haven't listened to it yet, but I like her more than Dax, so yay for her. 




1 comment:

  1. I hope the return of school goes smoothly for you both.
    Wishing you a great week

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS