Life According to Literature

Thanks to Rory reminding me about Catherine's end-of-year Life According to Literature fun. Basically, you answer the questions using the titles of the books you read during the year. Here's a glimpse into my totally fascinating, mysterious, inner-psyche:

Describe yourself: Funny Girl by Nick Hornby (too easy)

How do you feel: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Describe where you currently live: The House at the End of Hope Street by Menna van Praag

If you could could go anywhere, where would you go: The Secret Place by Tana French (so that no one could find me and I could sleep)

Your favorite form of transportation: Walden on Wheels by Ken Ilgunas

Your best friend is: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

You and your friends are: The Smartest Kids in the World.... by Amanda Ripley

What's the weather like: The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood (hopefully, we need to end the drought!)

You fear: Diary of Bad Year by J.M. Coetzee

What's the best advice you have to give: How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid

Thought for the day: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

How I would like to die: The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp

My soul's present condition: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe 

 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! I may have to do this. I'm curious as to if your best friend likes to literally play with fire or just live on the edge. lol :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a couple of overlaps last year, but none this year. Posting mine tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool survey here. I like that you chose Girl Who Played as your best friend... what a wonderful friend indeed! And haha I would describe my friends as the smartest too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having read The House At the End of Hope Street, I love that answer and it has me curious!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS