Happy New Year

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts will return next week. Promise!



2014 was a very tough year for a variety of reasons (#vagueblogging), so I'm not exactly sad to see it go. It did give me my little guy, though, so for that I am thankful every single day (he's figured out how to clap, guys- can it get any cuter?). I also got to see one of my all-time favorite groups of students graduate and go off to college, which was mostly awesome. I watched some really great things happen to friends (new jobs! marriages! babies!), which has made me genuinely happy for them all. 

And that's about as much positivity as I can muster.

One thing I think we can all agree on? Our hopes that 2015 will be better. Whether your year was horrible, mediocre, disappointing, or, on the flip side, totally awesome, we should hold at least a tiny bit of hope that we can see an improvement for the new year. Maybe your shitty luck will turn around or your awesomeness will continue to grow. 

So, for a few days at least, be happy, be optimistic, be hopeful. 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS