Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

Link up below! 

1. Why did we wait so long to see Pitch Perfect? It was a hundred times better than I thought it was going to be. No, I will not be downloading "Cups," though.

2. Last year I did a really great Year in Review through Mixbook, but am sadly opting out this year. Most of our year was baby related/stressful/busy, so I'm just going to focus on his baby book. This year I'm already starting to file stuff away, though.

3. I'm back to reading I Am Radar by Reif Larsen after a hiatus for the holidays (and to finish up some reviews). I really, really hate leaving a book and coming back to it. I feel a total sense of disconnect and am angry at myself for putting it on hold to begin with, since it's a good book. Oh well. We shall overcome.

4. I want to start a dessert club- like a book club, but instead one person bakes something each week (or every other week or whatever) and shares with everyone else. Basically, it's an excuse to bake. And to eat sweets. This, of course, won't happen since I lack the motivation to make it so.

5. This cracks me up:

[source]

So what do you do? Stare at each other in silence?

6. For the love of all that is good and sacred in this world, please stop copying and pasting useless Facebook "you may not use my stuff" so-called "legal" notices in your status. Remember that itty-bitty terms of service box you checked? You agreed to everything. Your stupid status update (the same place where you passive aggressively complain about your husband and post idiotic memes about gun ownership) is not going to supercede jack crap.

7. So my cousin invited me to join a FitBit challenge that took place yesterday- it was between maybe six or eight people and it was simply to see who could get the most amount of steps in a day. Fun fact: I'm a closet competitor. I was ahead of everyone all day and then my cousin pulled a head by a few thousand steps at like 8:30. What did I do? I turned off my bluetooth so she couldn't see my update and got on the treadmill for forty minutes so I could win. And I did. Over 17,000 steps. Wham-bam thank you ma'am.

8. My classroom counter is covered in Gregors, once again. I'm sure Franz Kafka would be super proud to see his character turned into a neon-colored insect made from clay.

9. I want to write a children's book that explains to kids why their parents won't take them to zoos (my husband and I have ethical concerns about places that keep animals in captivity with the purpose of entertaining humans for profit; our only grey area is the Wild Animal Park in San Diego, since they have more room, but I digress). All I need is an illustrator...

[effing nosy-ass humans; source]
10. I'm working on a really labor-intensive book-recommendation bulletin board for work. If I continue at the pace I'm working at it might be done before the end of the school year. 

8 comments:

  1. I was shocked at how much I loved Pitch Perfect. I can't wait for the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if I mentioned it in your last post but the book recomendation bulletin board sounds awesome! Also love your idea of a dessert club...mmm, baked goods xD

    No linky this week? Here's my post: bookish & not-s-bookish thoughts

    Btw, I finally moved to my new domain! =D (taking some getting used to when filling out forms though, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dessert club? I want that too!! I love the idea for that children's book. I am also huge on animals in captivity, but agree that certain places do it for the good - real, genuine conservation. Most are in it for the money though sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up with your fitbit competitiveness...my husband and I are constantly competing. I love your stealthy strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rules for fair fighting are a bit lame, aren't they? Funny, though...thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post pictures of your class's Gregors! I loved the last ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you so much for having Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts. I just sort of added myself to this after days of thinking about if I wanted to participate or not. I look forward to meeting new (to me) bloggers and books.

    You have such a lovely site here.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS