Top Ten Tuesday- My Husband's Books

 
[a piece of our collection]

I love being married to a smart man. It sucks that he's probably smarter than I am, but it's better than the alternative. And luckily he's not one of those smart non-readers, so we have the whole book thing in common. Over the past few years he's gotten into graphic novels, but he still does have a lot of prose as well. And herein lies this week's freebie topic- ten books of my husband's that I want to read. The problem- 99% of the time I refuse to read his books until I have finished my own, something that will probably never happen. Nonetheless, if I ever get over my rules, here are ten, of many, that I'd like to read:

1. House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski

2. Black Swan Green by David Mitchell

3. The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon

4. Blankets by Craig Thompson

5. Everybody Loves Our Town: An Oral History of Grunge by Mark Yarm

6. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid

7. Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland

8. Dogfight, A Love Story by Matt Burgess

9. The Lazarus Project by Aleksander Hemon

10. The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes

6 comments:

  1. Great topic for this week's TTT! And a big yes to Coupland's Eleanor Rigby and Barnes' The Sense of an Ending ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your husband is a reader too! :-) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have friends who suggest books that they just know I'll like, and I might, but like you I have so many of my own books I want to read, I just don't know when I'll get to them. Great topic idea!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a lucky lady! My husband is perfect in every way, except that he does not enjoy reading books. The only book I can recall him reading voluntarily in the past 10 years is the Steve Jobs bio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your husband is a reader!! Nice topic!! Here's my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-authors-id-like-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS