Spring Break Recap

Spring break is always so different. I've gone on trips, cared for a newborn, subjected myself to trainings, and worked on my master's. This year wasn't exactly wild and crazy, but we did have some  fun. 

I'm sure you are all dying to know what we did. 

I don't blame you. I mean seriously, what can of shenanigans can a thirty-two year old woman and a toddler get into? 

(Has this been enough self-deprecation to justify moving on with the post? I hope so, because I only have so much time before Sawyer gets bored of running over his blocks with his lawn mower...)


Easter was spent at home, like most holidays are. I know people think we're crazy, since my husband's family lives very close and I have several aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents relatively local. But, honestly, it's always so nice and relaxing to do our own thing. No pressure. The Saturday before Sawyer and I made this hideously delicious bunny cake (funfetti from scratch) and on Sunday he received a basket full of some magnets and Duplos and hunted for eggs. My brother came over and we barbecued carne asada. 


Sawyer and I went to the San Diego Safari Park (I think that's what it's called? Or Wild Animal Park? Something closer than the zoo that has animals and is included in our annual pass) to see the yearly butterfly exhibit, which was really neat. We spent a few hours walking around in the pleasantly dreary weather.


We also went to the toddler session at the trampoline park, the first time either of us has been. I honestly don't know who had more fun. We did a lot of playing  at home and I was even able to sneak outside once to read during nap time.


We spent the last weekend in Yosemite, which was a lot of driving for two nights, but it was the only option we had. Sawyer did pretty well in the car, considering the length of time we were cooped up (seven hours driving up, six on the way home). He loved hiking around the hotel grounds and the park itself. The falls were amazing, after fairly heavy snowfall this winer, and the weather was perfect. If you ever find yourself up there needing a place to stay I highly recommend Tenaya Lodge.

The countdown for summer begins! 

2 comments:

  1. You had a GREAT spring break! That cake turned out awesome! I've only made a cake once in my entire life, and I found the icing of it to be SO hard. So now I just stick to cupcakes. I would love to go to Yosemite one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks so cute and delicious!

    Yosemite looks beautiful in the spring. I have only been there once so it's about time I make another visit.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS