Books on Your Back- Books > TV

Today's Books on Your Back is in honor of the fact that my husband and I officially don't have satellite anymore. It's liberating, it's cheaper, and it's a fabulous way to stick it to AT&T (my blood pressure is rising just thinking about them). Visit No Star Clothing to buy your own (small print says "Turn off your television").
I'm not a big TV watcher anyway, and now the only time my brain will be rotting will be while running at the gym. I'm sure the two balance each other out.

Oh, and does MTV exist still? I remember watching TRL starring the ever-popular Carson. For those of you are under the age of 20, MTV used to play actual music videos. In retrospect, I think they're lame, but if you're going to name your network "Music Television" you might want to play some music occasionally. Just a friendly hint.

No TV = more time to read. Am I right or am I right?

6 comments:

  1. My husband has suggested that we do the same thing...kick the TV habit. I'm not sure, I was such a child of television, it would be quite an adjustment. Love the t-shirt, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch TRL all the time after I got off the bus in junior high. Korn, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Kid Rock, etc. Those were the people I remember always on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I absolutely love it. Because I just posted @ my blog today that my TV officially went into the bedroom. Meaning...I have to read. Knit. Walk. Actually eat at the table. I don't have cable, but I was turning into a very round, ugly couch potato. Good for you! And I'll check out the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we gave up all tv months ago and havent looked back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. word. i haven't had tv for years and rarely miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, MTV is still around but they don't play many music videos anymore. Just stupid reality shows. You're not missing out on anything good on the boob tube. No worries.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS